At present Influenza A is quite prevalent
in the Darling Downs region and more specifically in many of our schools. The
Public Health Unit has suggested that if you are advised by apparent /s that
their child has been diagnosed with Influenza A that you provide the following
information to all school Parents / Care giver. This information comes from the
Qld Health Influenza A fact sheet. You should also ensure that the
information listed below is practiced in your school during this flu season.
Signs and Symptoms:
usually appear 1 to 3 days after being infected.
symptoms of flu can include:
- dry cough
- muscle and joint pain
- tiredness or extreme exhaustion
- sore throat.
- nasal congestion
- Good hygiene is essential to protect yourself and others:
- stay home when you are sick
- wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol
based hand gel
- wash your hands prior to touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- use a tissue, or the inside of your arm, when you cough and sneeze
- throw tissues away immediately and wash hands
- don't share items such as cigarettes, cups, lipstick, toys or
anything which has come into contact with the mouth or nose
- stay at least 1 metre away from people who have flu-like symptoms
- clean frequently touched surfaces regularly, such as door handles,
taps, tables, benches and fridge doors.
Influenza (The Flu) – Queensland Health