The school dress standard for students has been endorsed by the Oakey
State High School P&C Association in consultation with the school community
and school Principal. It is designed to
contribute to and support a healthy and safe learning environment which allows
students to participate in all school activities.
Students in Years 7 – 10 must wear the school uniform every
day except on days when they participate in physical activities (e.g. Drama,
sport, swimming) when they can wear the sport uniform.
Students in Years 11 and 12 are invited to wear the school uniform every
Exemptions may be granted for special
circumstances and must be requested from the Principal.
Students who are not in appropriate
school uniform must collect a Uniform Pass before school commences at Student
Administration Services. If the
student does not have a note from their parent/guardian, the student may
be given a Detention for that day.
Parents experiencing financial hardship
or difficulty providing uniforms may approach the Principal at any time to
make individual arrangements.
Information which the parent/guardian is required to bring to the enrolment interview includes:
- Short sleeved shirt in blue herringbone
patterned fabric with logo. (Fabric: Cleolene 8054). Shirt worn tucked in.
- Grey shorts or grey trousers with zip
fly and worn with a black belt.
- Maroon tie.
- Short grey socks with long trousers and
long grey socks with blue and maroon stripe to be worn with shorts.
- Black, leather, lace-up. Black, leather jogging shoes are
acceptable. Other sports shoes are
to be worn with sports uniform only, not with dress uniform
- Zippered maroon jacket, with school
- Maroon Jersey with white collar and
button-up tab, with school logo.
- Senior Jersey (Year 12 students only).
- Plain maroon track pants or slacks (girls) may be worn with the
maroon school jacket/ jersey.
- Maroon shorts with elasticised waist
- Maroon, blue and white tab front sports
shirt with blue collar and Oakey State High School woven into the collar.
- Shoe colour should blend with school
colours. (To be worn for sport & P.E. only).
- Short white socks.
- Maroon caps (available from local
stores handling the school uniform) or the school bucket hat (available
from Student Administration Services).